Thursday, June 27, 2013

Space - a story By Harriet


Stars, a grand expanse of stars for as far as the eye can see. I stood; amazed at the long mass of light that I was standing on. I was on the Milky Way. With every step the ground vibrated beneath the soles of my boots. I crouched down and scooped up a handful of glittering sunlight. As I held it in the palm of my hand a pleasantly warm feeling seeped through my glove and tickled my hand. I clutched the light tight and slipped it away deep in my pocket. As I began to walk I started to sink a little, I gave the sensation of walking on a sun kissed beach in the warm sand. I softly started humming a tune. The song I was singing helped me notice, I was the only person for a million miles. I could sing and dance however I wanted. I ran to my ship, upsetting sun sand as I went. Out of my small rocket I hauled out my record player. I plugged it in to a small outlet in my ship and music started to blare out of the speakers. I slipped off my boots and I was off. I kicked up sun sand as I flipped and spun around to the beat. Soon a small dent had formed around me and the sun sand shimmered forming a bubble around me it lifted me up above the stars, then down around the stars to float in open space. I panicked, but then I relaxed the shimmer calmed me and slowly lulled me to sleep.

When I awoke I was surprisingly on the ground in my New York apartment. I got up, was it all a dream? It must have been I trudged to my bathroom to wash my face. I stuffed my damp hands into my pockets, and when I took them out my hand was coated in a bright, shimmering dust.     

1 comment:

  1. this one is brilliant!!! write more!!! write more!!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete